The McCain Life

Welcome to my everyday blog about my little family and our fun times at Hickam AFB on Oahu, Hawaii. I attempt to blog weekly and I usually share a lot of pictures! Follow my blog by subscribing to keep up to date with everything that is going on in paradise!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hi, My Name Is Katie & I Have Been Neglecting My Blog.

Way long time no talk! I can't believe that the last time that I blogged was in July, whoopsie. Not too much has changed since I blogged last, we have been living the daily life with a few eventful things happening. Where do I begin?


First off we have a new cat named Horus! He's a little black cat (as you can see below), who is very energetic, cuddly-yet mean, & he is obsessed with food. He will literally steal food off your plate if you aren't paying attention. We got him back in August from an animal shelter on the island called Joey's Feline Friends. He has made a great addition to the family, however there truly is never a dull moment in this house anymore. Horus is about 6 months old & is pure cat, one minute he loves you the next minute he wants nothing to do with you. He's fit in great with Tony, they've become brothers who occasionally get on eachother's nerves, however he has made Tony way more active & helped him to lose much needed weight. Him & Eeva are well, they have a complicated relationship. Eeva doesn't realize she's a big critter compared to him which often scares Horus, however whenever Eeva is passed out in her cage Horus loves to go sleep near her, it's an odd relationship. 



Eeva has been doing pretty good, she's still a constant terror but we've learned to live with it! She actually just "graduated" from obedience class, she has improved so much since I started taking her to Achilles K9 (https://www.facebook.com/achillescanine), she is actually going to be doing a working dog class starting in 2 weeks. She is still constantly full of energy, however we have learned to manage it & help her burn it off. Eeva B also goes to doggie daycare once a week in order to get some socialization in, burn off some energy, & give me a chance to catch up on the cleaning since she keeps me busy whenever I'm not working. She is turning into a great dog, the only thing we have to work on with her is being gentle with the cats & her barking problems. Eeva has a very sensitive stomach which makes for some not fun times. She is on a special vet diet which is no fun because we love to spoil our pets with lots of treats, however we make it work. We've managed to regulate what she eats & were accident free for almost a month before Black Friday happened & I came home to a mess at 1:30 in the morning. BUT none the less we love her to death & she has definitely become my little baby, my mom was right, dogs really are like having a kid.








Meow we move on to Tony, not much has happened with our adorable first child. He has however lost a large amount of weight, he went from 22 pounds to 17 pounds! He still looks very big but that's because he's freakishly long. He gets along well with both the other pets, he also seems to enjoy the fact that we aren't constantly bugging him for attention, though sometimes I can tell that he is missing it. He still hates baths (unlike his brother Horus) & he will still eat anything that you will give him. He's our little golden pet because he doesn't do much bad things, however he has been chewing on my Christmas Tree lately...





As for Mike not much has changed for him either. He's still working the flight line & he has made some pretty good friends here, he still also keeps in constant contact with some friends back home by playing video games with them a lot, A LOT. He was also attending American Military University for a semester, however his TA got messed up this semester so he has to wait to start up classes again. I can't really ramble on about him as much like I can with the pets so.....


.....I've been doing great! I'm still working at Target in the front end, however I have started doing other jobs so I am not cashiering as much (& I love it!) I've been working on the end caps, side caps, & 1 Spot (the dollar area in the store). I keep it full & organize it on the daily, I surprisingly love it! I think it's because I get to organize things for hours (something I love to do). I have really been enjoying it! I also don't work as many hours as I used to when I first began, we decided that I needed to spend more time at home so that the dog wasn't in her cage all day & so that I can actually see Michael & spend time with him. Other then work not too much has been happening with me, I am however finally getting braces put on this coming Thursday. After years of being told that I need them I am finally biting the bullet & getting my teeth issues taken care of, the time to procrastinate is over. Other then that not much has changed for me, as I mentioned before Eeva just graduated from obedience class, that was something huge for me & her. I would spend hours training with her (as would Mike) in order to improve her disruptive behavior & it is finally paying off. I am really excited to start training her in working dog classes. I take Eeva on hour & a half walks almost every night, that's actually something that I look forward to everyday. I think that's how you know I've grown up, I look forward to walking my pup. I guess that's what happens when you turn 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment