The McCain Life

Welcome to my everyday blog about my little family and our fun times at Hickam AFB on Oahu, Hawaii. I attempt to blog weekly and I usually share a lot of pictures! Follow my blog by subscribing to keep up to date with everything that is going on in paradise!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pet First Aid, New Hair, & the last 2 Weeks

Hello All,

Not too much has happened in the last 2 weeks so I decided to put off the post until some more interesting stuff happened.

The first thing I want to talk about is the Cat & Dog First Aid Class that I took with the Hawaii Red Cross. I took it about a week ago and I learned SO much. I feel pretty confident that if an emergency were to ever take place I would be able to care for the pets until I got them to the vet. I learned how to do CPR, how to help them if they are choking, how to wrap their wounds, and a few other really useful things. It was a really neat class, I took it was 4 other people, however none of them spoke English! They were Japanese business owners (they owned a pet shop) and they were in Hawaii for vacation and decided to learn something while they were here. It was kinda neat to be around them, expect the interpreter got somewhat annoying. Other then the class that week wasn't too interesting. Just living the usual McCain life in Hawaii with the pets.


This week was a little bit more eventful, but not by too much. The most exciting things for me this week was chopping my hair off and signing up for my summer classes! I decided to cut my hair after having long hair for about 2 years. I already miss my long hair (especially my side braid) however it was in desperate need of getting the dead ends cut off. Signing up for my classes was probably the most exciting thing that I did though. I'm really looking forward to finally starting school again and getting it done. I found out that I am classified as a Senior so if I really wanted to I could finish school this year.

I also went to the dog beach with one of my friends here. It was pretty fun, Eeva loves going out and being by the water. However it was a super busy day so I had to keep her close to me, especially because a lot of people who bring their dogs to the beach don't keep a close enough eye on their dogs. Usually a few dogs will come up to her and try to start a fight (which always ruins the beach trip), but this time only 1 dog came up to her. I did what you aren't supposed to do and put myself between the 2, Eeva wasn't growling or biting, however the other dog was. I don't understand why all these dogs come up to Eeva and either want to be her best friend or they want to bite her head off.

On the Michael front things are going very well. He just started ALS today, which is Air Force Leadership School, so he now goes to class everyday for 8 hours and gets the weekends off. I'm pretty excited that he is on a normal schedule now, he hasn't been on one since before he was deployed to Spain (July 2011).


The pets have been their crazy selves. Tony & Horus are constantly getting into stuff but being cute in the process. Just today we came home from getting some Starbucks and the cats had tried eating the aluminum foil that I had cooked my lunch (which was honey barbeque chicken bites). Eeva has been awesome as her new usual, she spends most of her time just following us around. She still has her moments of being a terror, but after a few minutes she usually knocks it off. Her favorite part of the day is still her nightly walks with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment